Five Reasons Why Offices are Thriving in Menlyn
Category Pretoria: Newsletter News
Famously known as the home of Pretoria's biggest and most stylish shopping centre - Menlyn Park attracts people from all over the province. However over the years, Menlyn as an area has managed to metamorphosed into Pretoria's new elitist hub, and is set to become far more eclectic and vibrant than ever before.
Mike Schröder from OfficePlace Tshwane says, "It is without a doubt that this area has revolutionised itself in more ways than one, now appealing to different, younger and effervescent markets. Dubbed by SA-Venues as the next 'Sandton', we will soon see Menlyn as well as its surrounding areas being equally comparative to some of the biggest cosmopolitan areas in the country."
Menlyn continues to prove to us that it is one of the best areas for commercial investment in the Pretoria area. With so many developments planned for the future, adding to the existing world-class facilities and infrastructure, it seems that Menlyn might just be one of the best options out for your next office needs. Here's why:
- While Menlyn Park may have been there for the past four decades since its inception, there has been immense development within the area which continues to occur adding to the commercial allure of the area. "This indirectly results in more activity, more investment, more productivity and greater contributions to the northern economy of Gauteng," says Schröder.
- Pretoria as a suburb has seen much urbanisation and commercial development in recent years. IOL last year reported that Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program, the Global Metro Monitor showed that Pretoria was the fastest growing South African metro economy. "Pretoria had the highest regional growth in employment, 7,6%, and the metro had a strong GDP per capita growth. The metro has showed great improvement in its ranking which was previously 217 and now it is 35."
- The few freehold homes and apartment blocks have also become very popular among the younger people who work in the area and students studying at Varsity Campus. The Menlyn of yesteryear has found its footing, once known for its tranquil suburban lifestyle, it is now a thriving cosmopolitan which caters to the commercial and residential markets.
- Menlyn has fast become the go-to area for trendy and new corporate office parks with most offering easy access and boundless exposure to the public. These office parks cater to professionals who thrive off the fast-paced city life. With close proximity to Menlyn Maine and Time Square Casino, taking an office break or finding a neutral meeting location just got easier.
- The city of Tshwane has been - and still is - adamant in their drive towards their 2030 Integrated Development Plan which aims to advance economic growth and job creation. Ideally named as a 'Smart City' - Tshwane as well as the areas in which it covers are constantly extending their goal posts to create a competitive economy that serves its residents - both residential, commercial and industrial. Why not be a part of a thriving and lurid part of Gauteng.
It's no secret that there is much planned in terms of upcoming developments for Menlyn aiding in its transformation from a sedate neighbourhood into the trendier live, work and play phenomenon.
Get in contact with an OfficePlace broker today and get all the necessary information about this sought after commercial and residential area.
View our Menlyn listings here.